Elizabeth Reeder Johnson, MSW, LCSW is a licensed Psychiatric Social Worker and Individual, Family & Couples Therapist with over 12 years of experience working with children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. Before she started her private practice in 2008, Beth was an Individual and Family Therapist at Children's Medical Center, Center for Pediatric Psychiatry. She also worked as a therapist and the Program Manager for Dallas MetroCare Services' Westside Family Clinic.
Beth specializes in helping children, adolescents, and adults cope with stress, anxiety, depression, grief, anger, self worth issues, ADHD, and mood disorders. She has led teen and social skills groups and aids children and adolescents in learning tools to form strong social connections and combat bullying. She aids parents in effectively parenting their children, and helps families broaden communication, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills. She uses Imago Relational Therapy to work with couples who are looking for ways to build a stronger connection.
While at Children’s, Beth taught the Community Parent Education Program (COPE), which is part of the Center for Advanced ADHD Research, Treatment, and Education (CAARTE), a research project overseen by UT Southwestern Medical Center. In addition to leading social skills, adolescent, and parent trianing groups, Beth has broaden her speaking career to include presentations to professsional associations, corporations, mental health groups, schools and churches. In the last two years, Beth presented at the 2014 Adolescent Symposium, the Dallas Association for Marriage & Family Therapy Group, a Spouses Event for the YPO of Ft. Worth, and led a day-long teen training within the Safe Conversations Workshop. Beth is also a regular guest on the radio show One Life Radio.
In addition to earning a Masters Degree at Boston College, Beth is a Board-Approved Supervisor recognized to train other therapists. Beth is also a Certified Imago Therapist. She is a member of the National Association of Social Workers, Imago Relationships International (IRI), and the Collaborative Law Institute of Texas. Beth is currently on the Steering Committee for Family Wellness Dallas and she is Co-Chair of the Safe Conversations Education Committee and Lead Facilitator for all Teen Safe Conversations Workshops.
- In-depth experience in the treatment of Family Relational Problems, Anxiety Disorders, Grief, Major Depressive Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, behavioral problems associated with ADHD and Adjustment Disorders, and Co-Parenting Solutions for Divorced Families.
- Provides therapy using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Behavioral Skills Training, Family Therapy and Imago Relational Therapy.
- Specializes in helping clients effectively set goals, increase communication skills, develop social skills, learn problem solving skills, increase self-worth, learn mindfulness, and implement new coping skills & replacement behaviors to meet their personal goals.
- Certified Imago Therapist: Earned 96 hours of Imago Relational Therapy training to effectively aid couples in learning conflict resolution, increased intimacy, deeper connection and communication skills.
- Currently teaches A New Way To Love, an Imago Couples Class designed by Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. and Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D.
- Facilitates Parent Training. Beth taught the Community Parent Education Program (COPE), which is a part of the Center for Advanced ADHD Research, Treatment, and Education (CAARTE) research project overseen by UT Southwestern Medical Center. Beth is also a Certified Facilitator for Parenting with Love & Logic Classes.
Beth resides in Dallas with her husband and child.
Children's Medical Center of Dallas, Center for Pediatric Psychiatry
- Individual & Family Therapist
MetroCare Services (Formerly Dallas MetroCare Services)
- Program Manager & Therapist for Westside Family Center
- Qualified Mental Health Professional
Wayside Youth & Family Support Network
- Counselor at Wayside MetroWest Counseling Center
- Group Leader at Wayside Day Treatment Program
Volunteers of America/ Hello House
- Counselor in Residential Treatment Program for Recovering Substance Abusers
- Mental Health Professional (MHP)
- New Paradigm Training/ Interdisciplinary Collaborative Law Training
- Aiding people in reaching settlements in mutually beneficial ways and with confidentiality and dignity.
- Licensed LCSW in Texas
- Texas State Board Approved LCSW Supervisor
- Member of Imago Relationships International (IRI)
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers
- Member of the Collaborative Law Institute of Texas
- Certified Facilitator for Parenting with Love and Logic Classes.
Boston College Graduate School of Social Work: MSW, Clinical
University of Texas at Arlington: Supervision Certification
Texas Christian University: B.S. Major/Minor: Political Science/ Speech Communication
Family Wellness Dallas, Organization promoting Safe Communications to Dallas area couples and families, Steering Committee Member, Former Clinical Coordinator for Clinical Assistants, Co-Chair of the Education Committee, and Lead Facilitator of the Safe Conversations Teen Workshop
A New Way To Love, a 6-week program designed to help couples learn to manage conflict, communicate & connect, Facilitator
Young Friends Of The Wilkinson Center, Organization providing Pathways out of Poverty to Dallas area families, Member
Friends of Children, Organization providing critical financial and volunteer support to Interfaith Housing Coalition, Lifetime Member
Women's Auxiliary, Organization benefiting Children's Medical Center of Dallas, Lifetime Member
The Children's Trust, Organization benefiting Children's Medical Center of Dallas, Member
Heroes for Children, Organization providing financial and social assistance to families wit children battling cancer, HFC Friends Member
Clayton Dabney Foundation for Kids with Cancer, an organization that provides needy families with children in the last stages of terminal cancer, assistance in creating everlasting memories, Underwriter & Volunteer for the Kids Golf Classic 2008
Cattle Baron's Ball, Organization benefiting the American Cancer Society, Underwriting Volunteer, 2004-2007
Ronald McDonald House of Dallas
- Director at Large until 2006
- Board Member of the Young Friends Auxiliary 2004-2005 and 2005-2006
- Young Friends Steering Committee Volunteer 2003-2004
The Junior League of Dallas
- Dallas Volunteer: Girl's Inc.
- New York Volunteer: Bayview Correctional Facility
- Boston Volunteer: Thrift Shop Volunteer
Women In Need, Shelter Volunteer
New York Cares, Volunteer
Copyright 2013 ERJ Counseling. All rights reserved.